By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ratchet & Clank question

Can you invert the aim in the full version of the game?

I assume you can but I downloaded the demo and there was no option for it. I want to make sure I have that choice if I'm going to GameFly the title. I'm about as effective as an epileptic ape with standard controls. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Gross, you play inverted?!?! Anyways in all the other Ratchet's you can invert it so I'd be really surprised if you couldn't.

Yes, you can, but apparently only for the regular levels. I've heard many people complain about the fact that you can't invert them on the space (flying the spaceship) levels... I never noticed though, I really just left the aiming reticule in the center of the screen and used the secondary fire the whole time.

^^Yeah I've been doing research and apparently there some kinda glitch when you want to invert the aim in space levels.

Thanks. Now that I'm on a R&C topic, what do some of you think of the PSP game? I can pick it up for ~$15 at Gamestop used and I need a reason to justify the PSP's continued existence in my house. I never play the thing.

Around the Network

It's fixed on 2 & 3, but I'm afraid you'll be rather epileptic and apelike on space missions on the original...

I haven't played the whole game, but I've played the first 4 or so levels (borrowed a friend's PSP) and it was very fun. For a PSP game, the controls are very good, the graphics are impressive, and the gameplay is great as well. Even though it isn't made by Insomniac, the developers did a very good job at keeping the traditional feel of the series. The only really bad things I've heard about it are the length (too short) and the multiplayer which is a bit lacking. I'd say that for $15 its a great deal.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that they are releasing a new game called Secret Agent Clank. I think it comes out sometime within the next few months, and you get to control Clank (for basically the whole game, if not the whole thing) who supposedly has all kinds of cool gadgets and stuff. That might be worth checking out too when it finally comes around. 

rocketpig said:
Thanks. Now that I'm on a R&C topic, what do some of you think of the PSP game? I can pick it up for ~$15 at Gamestop used and I need a reason to justify the PSP's continued existence in my house. I never play the thing.

Where can you get it for 15$? The only reason I'm holding back is because I can't find it for cheaper than 45$

My cousin played it and said that it was kinda short but other than that it plays like the others. 

Gamestop is selling used copies for $17.99 here in Long Beach, CA. I think I'll go pick it up tomorrow or Friday.

I agree with cool 48, inverted controls are gross! lol

Standard is the way to go, it makes no sense pushing down on the analog to look up.